the relational baby
This formative period sets in place the essential foundations that support our ongoing health and foundation for the rest of our lives.
We will be looking at how best to respond to the relational cues from babies, so as to create optimal benefits for their future.
In 2006 he founded Conscious Embodiment Trainings to facilitate Prenatal and Birth Workshops for adults and teach Integrative Baby Therapy to health professionals internationally.
- A deeper empathy for the relational needs of prenates and babies
- Tools to support prenates and babies in the therapy room
- Tools to help parents connect relationally with themselves and their babies
watch full introduction here
- Drawing from clinical practice and research in the field of pre and perinatal psychology we will shift our focus from the cultural lens of the prenate as a biological ‘object’ to that of a relational ‘subject’.
- We will look at ways to deepen the relational connection between parents and their unborn child.
- This will include becoming more aware of different states of consciousness, the role of dreams and intuition, and embodied mindfulness.
Birth is a relational process in which babies play an active role. The birth process occurs within a larger relational dynamic. Babies bring both archetypal expectations and their pre-existing womb experience to the birth process.
- We will explore how babies work together with their mothers during birth and how that relationship can be maximized to support the baby and mother.
- We will look at how modern birthing methods often undermine this relational process and what can be done to counter these negative impacts.
The First Year of Life
Human babies are born far more immature than other mammals. This leaves them especially vulnerable and dependent on relational attunement to their needs, so as to feel safe in the world.
- We will be exploring how recent developments in the field of interpersonal neurobiology inform us as to what babies need and how we can meet these needs.
- We will also look at how many common myths about who babies are undermine their basic needs and how we can support parents to attune more effectively with their babies.
Access to course
Life long access to recordings
course & Gold Membership
access to course
lifelong access to recordings
Access to all our Live and Recorded classes for 1 year
Access to All Monthly Support Groups with Karlton Terry and Mia Kalef for 1 year
20% discount on all other courses