Discovery and meeting the little one's heart
Welcome, trauma and healing
moment of discovery of a pregnancy is momentous not only for the
parents but also for the baby.
Profoundly sentient even at this very
early stage of development, the little embryo senses, responds and
remembers the environment it grows in, as is true for any cell or
At the time of discovery, usually coinciding with the heart
forming and beginning to beat, the little one is completely dependent on
the parents’ welcome and protection for survival.
Cherionna, PhD began teaching Embodied Embryology through somatic movement in 1997 as part of her doctoral studies in Pre- & Perinatal Psychology, which led to her teaching at Naropa University and the Santa Barbara Graduate Institute.
She has authored two books, The Breath of Life: An Introduction Craniosacral Biodynamics and Spirit into Form: Exploring Embryological Potential and Prenatal Psychology.
Develop your professional skills ?
- Practice listening mindfully from the heart
- Develop skill in being with potentially activating material relating to prenatal trauma
- Learn about the embryological developmental milestone called “discovery,” referring to when pregnancy is discovered/confirmed
- Enhance awareness of embryonic sentience and potential trauma at the time of discovery
- Practice essential skills for recognizing and facilitating resolution of discovery trauma
watch full introduction here
Heart to Heart: Welcoming the Little One
- Settling and meeting the little one in ourselves enables us to meet babies with presence, deep listening, respect
- Our basic need from the very beginning for love, to have our love received, to experience connection
- Practice resting in the heart with an intention of unconditional acceptance and welcomes
Discovery: We’re Pregnant!
- Discovery as potentially a time of deepening connection, bonding and welcome
- Discovery trauma – how it occurs, how it continues throughout life
- Accessing healing potential in relation to discovery
The Heart of the Embryo
- Heart Ignition and Embryological Folding
- The huge heart of the embryo
- Heart coherence, co-regulation and connection as a potentially healing way of being with little ones, ourselves, each other and our larger collective
Access to course
Life long access to recordings
course & Gold Membership
access to course
lifelong access to recordings
Access to all our Live and Recorded classes for 1 year
Access to All Monthly Support Groups with Karlton Terry and Mia Kalef for 1 year
20% discount on all other courses