Working with Stage 3 of the Birth Process
with Karlton Terry
Interesting and easy to understand and relate to, aspects of the menagerie of events, influences, and consequences from the pre & perinatal world.
In this class, Karlton will share the specific challenges encountered by the baby during Stage 3 of the birth process. We will learn about different protocols to be applied during therapy related to issues arising from Stage 3.
In Stage 3, the baby has descended through the pelvic inlet, and has completed the rotation required in Stage 2, and now must negotiate yet another landscape: the maternal sacrum, coccyx, and pubic symphysis.
Karlton discusses the different conjunct points and pathways characteristic of Stage 3 for both anterior and posterior births. Stage 3 is commonly a time where invasive medical procedures might be used such as forceps, vacuum extraction, and manual manipulation by the doctor’s hands. Karlton will identify the baby body language indicative of this stage as well as common imprints, implicit memories, that can be addressed with Stage 3 specific therapeutic protocols.
To support yourself and your client
90 minute class
life-long access to recording
- To have a space for your inquiries, whether personal or for your client
- Learn and grow in your awarness and skills
who can this benefit
- Birth practitioners who would like to deepen their own personal journey
- Birth practitioners who would like support in their own work with clients
- Parents who would like to deepen their awareness of pre and perinatal understanding